The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will be a dynamic supervisor with experience leading in a fast-paced manufacturing facility, overseeing multiple lines and/or processes and a large number of employees.
To be a strong fit for the Bilingual Production Supervisor opportunity, you will have:
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- A hands-on approach and comfortable with spending the majority of your time working on the floor
- Practical experience in implementing lean manufacturing principles, including training others
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications, including intermediate skills in Excel (basic understanding of VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.); experience using ERP software, preferably Oracle, is a plus
- A strong safety history including a strict commitment to safety practices and policies
- Basic mechanical aptitude a plus
- Bilingual skills in English and either Spanish and/or Vietnamese is required
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Flexibility and the ability to react constructively to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and unexpected events
- A strong sense of urgency and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, a strong work ethic, the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
The RoleAs Production Supervisor, you will report to the Director of Production Operations and be responsible for overseeing multiple production lines. At Emtek®, we have a fast-paced production environment with a high volume of high mix orders.
It will be your responsibility to watch and adjust your lines, keeping them balanced and proactively making changes as necessary.
Depending upon your assignment, you will be in charge of between 30 and 70 personnel. Saturday work may require every manager or only a few, depending upon the situation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating production activities with other managers
- Ensuring timely, quality and safe product production
- Meeting daily production goals
- Managing key performance indicators in different production lines and departments
- Providing key management reporting, primarily in Excel
- Cross-training personnel to maximize production flexibility
- Seamlessly combining safety, quality and production requirements
- Supervising the personnel working on your lines
- Scheduling the staff and resources
- Personnel management duties, including onboarding, training, mentoring and development, positive reinforcement and discipline, conducting performance evaluations, etc.
Why EmtekMake an impact -- not only will you oversee your team and production lines, we'll look to you to find process improvements for increased output. KPIs are posted at every line and we're not afraid to try something new. We understand not every idea will work, but you'll have the freedom to try your ideas and find the ones that will positively impact production.
Professional growth -- we are committed to your professional growth. You will undergo lean and safety training, and cross-train with your peers. We will give you the tools you need to succeed.
Nimble and flexible -- ours is a unique business without much bureaucracy. We are nimble, flexible and able to make decisions without wading through a lot of red tape. That means if you have an idea we want to hear it! If it proves to be a good one, chances are we'll implement it.
Stability and growth -- Emtek® is a robust, growing and successful business. You'll enjoy the security and foundation of a solid company with a history of success, alongside a progressive lean company focused on continuous improvement.
Quality and style -- Emtek® is dedicated to bringing interesting, well-made hardware to American homes. We are striving to provide a broad, interesting range of products that consumers can use as elements of decor, not just as a way to latch a door.
Great environment -- throughout ASSA ABLOY Americas, we've created a culture that allows talented, energetic people to flourish. That culture includes a strong belief in the value our products and solutions deliver, an emphasis on integrity and an appreciation for the power of teamwork. These are just some of the reasons we have very low turnover; people like working for ASSA ABLOY.
The "best of both worlds" -- you'll share in our entrepreneurial energy and enjoy working in a tight-knit, smaller company atmosphere at Emtek®. At the same time, you'll enjoy the stability and resources of our $7.2 billion parent company, ASSA ABLOY.
Competitive compensation and benefits -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program (paid monthly), we offer comprehensive health benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and more. Plus, you earn a stipend for Saturday work in addition to your salary!
Keys to SuccessWe’ve already said it, but it’s worth repeating here: ours is a dynamic environment undergoing constant fluctuations and change. This is not a role where you can make a plan a week ahead of time based on past data or the latest reports. Much of your role requires thinking on your feet and keeping up with demand. Procedures are not 100% fixed and continuous improvement is truly continuous, so you must be very comfortable with change. If you’re happiest with a set routine, as is common on many assembly lines, this role will not be a good fit. On the other hand, if the idea of driving production, making your own decisions and really impacting your assignment intrigues you, ours is an environment where you can thrive and excel.
Our best Production Supervisors are self-driven and comfortable making decisions. They enjoy sharing ideas and mentoring their teams. They also have multitasking strength and are able to deal with all the things that happen during the day while also managing their primary responsibility of efficient and accurate assembly line workflow. We value honest and forthright dialogue, and your Manager will look for regular updates about the challenges you're finding, how you're dealing with them, and what kind of support you might need.
About UsEmtek® was founded in 1981, in City of Industry, CA as a manufacturer of specialty hardware products selling to door manufacturing companies. Beginning in the mid 1980's the company began making a limited range of solid brass door levers for specialty hardware dealers in the Los Angeles area. Since that time, we have gradually worked to broaden the product line and the customer base. Emtek’s® emergence as a North American supplier of decorative hardware has been slowed by our exacting quality standards. Insisting on good workmanship has limited the pace of product development, but it has resulted in a well-earned reputation for reliability and integrity of design.
Emtek® now sells to dealers in all fifty States and across Canada and Mexico. These knowledgeable dealers can advise homeowners on the technical aspects of door locks and many provide installation services when needed. Emtek® has provided dealers with product displays so by visiting a local dealer customers can see a wide range of designs from which to choose.
In 1999 Emtek® was acquired by ASSA ABLOY, the largest lock manufacturing company in the world. ASSA ABLOY is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has extensive operations in Europe and North America. Joining with ASSA ABLOY provides Emtek® with new resources for supplying quality door locks. Emtek® has affiliated companies in the U.S.; Sargent, Medeco, Arrow, Curries, McKinney, Securitron, H.E.S., Graham, Yale, Corbin-Russwin, Rixson, Norton, Folger-Adams, PEMKO and Adams Rite. These are all respected manufacturers of door and hardware products. Association with these companies allows Emtek® to continuously expand its product line in new and interesting directions.
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. ASSA ABLOY is represented all over the world, in both mature and emerging markets, with leading positions in much of Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Australia. In the fast-growing electromechanical security segment, the Group has a leading position in areas such as access control, identification technology, door automation and hotel security. Since its founding in 1994, ASSA ABLOY has grown from a regional company to an international group with 42,000 employees and sales of more than $7 billion (USD). As the world's leading lock group, ASSA ABLOY offers a more complete range of door opening solutions than any other company on the market.
We are an EEO/AA/Vet/Disabled employer.